Wednesday, 24 July 2013

knights of the round table......



First day if the holidays...... And we have a big list to conquer - 

We sat down this morning and made a diagram of what we all wanted to do over the holidays and  This is the result :)

So we decided to do a trip to Winchester today to start the go rhinos trail  ( atrail of rhinos around Southampton) and to go and see the round table. Which will mark one of our things off and start our summer challenge to find all the rhinos around Southampton.

Winchester was our first stop and the weather was beautiful. We went straight up to the great hall and the queen Eleanor garden. 




The round table is huge!! It's amazing to believe that this was used by King Arthur and his knights and is only up the road from our house! ( motorway) 

Once we'd looked round the great hall we had lunch and I had the best sweet potato fries ever! 

We then started our go rhino challenge. There are 96 rhinos around Southampton and the challenge we have set ourselves is to find them all over the holiday! I will do a seperate post about this as I think it is an amazing idea! Anyway we found 3 today - here is our first find :)

I wont post pics  of them all as I dont want to ruin the surprise. Cant wait to do the rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment